Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 26: Where you work

I'm addicted to employment. I've had a job since I was 16. I once took 8 months off because I was a full time student... and I went stir crazy. Even if the money is slight, I have to have something I get money from. When I moved to California, I applied to well over 100 jobs and didn't get anything. I applied to a Nanny job and was told I was over qualified. I got angry and told the woman that if there was anything else I wouldn't have applied. 3 years later I quit and she cried. Then I took 4 months off of nannying (working in senior care, worst. Idea. ever.) and returned for another 3 years. She cried too. Then I worked at a summer camp (Second worst. idea. ever) and then I found another nanny job. I work one day a week. There's 4 children. I honestly believe that nannying has allowed me to emotionally satisfy my need for children. Despite my fears that I wont love my children, despite really not liking children that much, I greatly enjoy my job. It's completely outside of chiropractic. It's competely outside of my house, my relationship, its completely removed and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment