Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 25: favorite drink

Why have one? Let's have catagories of drinks:

1. My favorite guilty pleasure is Coke. I love coke. Cokey coke coke, here it goes down, down into my liver. Blech. I hate that I love coke. I'm taking a basic nutrition class and I've learned the pathway of fructose in the digestive tract and it is, in a word, abysmal. It bypasses normal sugar breakdown and goes straight to the liver, it steeply increases insulin which almost instantaneously converts the fructose to fat for energy storage. However, Costco sells what we call "Mexican Coke", which has regular sugar in it... and I feel mildly less guilty about that. 

2. My favorite "health" drink is water. I can't do kamboucha. I get that it's good for me, but I usually think its gross. Coconut water will actually make me gag. It's like it wants to be sweet, but it just can't get there. It wants to be salty, but it's not quite there. I am an anti-flourider. I think as long as we have enough magnesium, calcium, and other elements, flouride is an unnecessary risk. I also like iced tea, and if I feel like giving myself a dose of cancer, I'll occasionally drink starbucks, please reference the guilt factor of number 1.

3. My favorite alcoholic beverage is a Gimlet. If that's too fancy for where I am, I'll do a gin and tonic, if that's too fancy I'll put myself back in Smirnoff Ice territory and get a malibu and pineapple. Note* I do not drink Smirnoff Ice. 

4. This is a half-drink. Lately I've been drinking smoothies in th morning. Protein powder, coconut milk, peanutbutter, cocoa powder, frozen bananas and ice. It counts. It's liquid.


No comments:

Post a Comment