Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 29: The countdown

So, we are in the home stretch. 

In 3 months I'm getting married. We have been reading a book. We are looking into an engaged encounter. All the hard details are finished. Progress is great! 

I think my experience is unique in the sense that 
1. I do not have a mother figure to fawn over my every decision (both a benefit and drawback)
2. My wedding is not in this country (weeding out a lot of people that may have come to the wedding otherwise)
3. I am not doing any crafts, I am not decorating, I am not gluing, stapling, painting, licking, stuffing, cooking, fretting, or stressing. (Huge benefit)
4. I don't care about a lot of things that I should, apparently, care about. I don't care about colors or designs or ultimately who shows up. I want to wear a dress, get married, and dance. 


Here are some unique things that have popped up:
1. My father. My dad has been the most difficult part of preparing for this wedding. He's coming then he's not coming. He wont get a passport. He has been incredibly negative about who will come and who wont. He laughs when I talk about family coming like it will never happen. He wouldn't even look at the registry ( he asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said there were cheap things on the registry). My soon to be MIL some how coerced him into coming. I need to write her a thank you letter. While his presence will make my wedding complete....I'm still frustrated that it took all that effort to get him to come. I'm his oldest daughter. And all he has to do is show up.

2. People (not me) are really concerned with colors. I have no idea what "my colors" are. I thought if you got married under a gazebo it would be white. The chairs are white. I assume I'll have a bouquet of some sort.... but if I'm not having a bridal party... I don't understand why it's important. 

3. Past tense Sam was really smart. I'm so glad we are doing it in Mexico... I think I would have gone insane if we'd gotten married in South Carolina or in California. It would have taken a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment